Sunday, January 18, 2009

News from Nepal

Hi all,
It's been awhile but here is a recent email from Kuldip, the assistant principal at the school. He read the biography of the founder of Room to Read, John Wood. It's a great organization that helps build schools and libaries in developing countries.
Here's what Kuldip said:

"I read the biography of John Wood, the founder of ROOM TO READ. If you got please read. I am influenced with his biography. It evoked me to do something for the needy children. If I go on thinking for myself as others do then who will think for for these children? You too have seen the reality of these shildren. So, please let's do something for these children."

He also mentioned that two students are having trouble paying for school ...
"Since two students, one of grade 9 and another of grade 7, are getting difficulat to pay for their education I have been paying for them for this session hoping you will manage for the next and onward."

So my next fundraising efforts will go toward helping those students. Look for a newsletter coming soon! He also gave a quick update about the library"

"The library is working well. Students are enjoying with knowledge."

That's the latest! More soon ....

~ a.

No comments: